You can apply for UK residency
if you meet the following conditions
Eligible to BNO citizenship as a
- BNO passport holder, or
- Hong Kong resident born before 1st July 1997, or
- Spouse of a BNO citizen (engaged or otherwise), or
- Child of a BNO citizen*, or
- Family member of a BNO citizen*
- Person who is financially dependent to the BNO citizen
*If one of their parents holds BNO status, they can apply together as a family unit
1. Be able to demonstrate their ability to accommodate and support themselves in the UK for at least six months
2. Demonstrate a commitment to learn English in the UK (On entry, there will be no English language requirements but applicants will require a good knowledge of the English language if they choose later to make an application for settled status after five years)
3. Have no serious criminal convictions
Hong Kong BNO Visa holders may stay in the UK for an initial period of 30 months’ leave, renewable by a second application for further 30 months. Alternatively, applicants can apply for 5 years’ leave. Meanwhile, they will be eligible for employment and education, but not social welfare (except from the National Health Service) .
After 5 years’ leave, they may apply for UK citizenship after 12 months of settlement. Afterwards, they will be eligible for social welfare.
Do you have a BNO status? How to prove that I have BNO status?
For any questions about residence or immigration in the UK, please call 25608863 for inquiries.